In a world where obesity has become an epidemic, we all are looking for ways to burn our excess fat. The key is to stay motivated throughout your entire life. Given our fast-paced lives, here are 9 smart ways to achieve that goal.
- Workout – No matter how difficult or old-school it sounds, workout is the primary and one of the smartest ways to burn excess fat. Start simple before pushing yourself to do too much. Running for 10 minutes on a treadmill or jog for 20 minutes is very effective.
- Zumba Dancing – If you like dancing, put that liking into good use. About 30 minutes of dancing is a rigorous exercise and equivalent to cardio in a gym.
- Effectively Using the Daily Commute – Do you lack time for the above two because you commute daily to your workplace or college? In that case, use the commute time to provide yourself with effective workout. Walk a route if it takes 15 minutes and take the stairs instead of elevators and escalators.
- Sleep Early & Wake up Early – “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise”. Waking up early and taking a walk for about 30 minutes in a nearby open area, will be more effective than you think. You may also go early morning cycling for faster results. At the end of the day, sleep early because less sleep is directly proportionate to gaining fat.
- Eat Smart – It is not always possible to turn to a crash diet. Your body needs everything – proteins, carbohydrates, fat, etc. but in proper proportions. Cut out trans fat from your diet, like fast food. Incorporate fruits and green vegetables in your diet. Drink lots of water. Eat at short intervals; don’t eat too much at once.
- Embrace Mother Nature – One of the biggest reasons we gain fat is our concrete and digital lifestyle. Make your peace with nature and you will in no time start feeling healthier and better about yourself.
- Don’t Sit down for too long – Being idle and sitting around for long periods of time will lead to more fat in your body. According to some medical experts, sitting down for too long is a ‘silent killer’. Workers can burn up to 144 calories per day by standing for three hours. So be involved and active, always!.
- Green Tea – Incorporate Green Tea in your daily diet. Green tea contains substances that can help you lose fat. Moreover, it also increases fat burning, especially during exercise. It boosts the metabolic rate and make you burn more calories around the clock. Try having two-to-three cups of green tea a day.
- Hit the Gym! – Last but not the least, no matter what you do; you won’t lose fat in an effective way if you don’t hit the gym and cardio at least twice a week!