Ayurveda is more than just medicine, it’s a perfect way of leading a good and healthy life. Here are ten Ayurvedic tips for a healthy lifestyle.
- Wake up early and sleep early – Try waking up within at 5 AM to start a fresh and healthy morning. It is the most recommended and best time to wake up as it rejuvenates your cells making you more energetic and happier throughout the day. Similarly, sleep time should be around 10 PM to have a healthy life.
- Honey Water and Herbal Tea – Start your day by taking a teaspoonful of good quality honey in half a pint of still water. This is the best way to eliminate all toxins from your body. Have it at room temperature. You can also try drinking herbal tea every morning and evening to eliminate toxins.
- Eat Fresh – Throughout the day, avoid oily and junk food. Eat a lot of seasonal and organic fruits, vegetables, home cooked non-rich meals. Pack fresh food every day for your lunch or snacking when you go out. Have a glass of milk every day and drink lots of water.
- Eat and Drink as your body demands – Eating when there is no hunger will often lead to disorders (i.e. gaining weight) and result in poor assimilation and indigestion. The body knows exactly when it needs liquid and you will feel thirsty. When drinking more amount of water than needed, often results into several problems, such as kidney problems, oedema, etc.
- Don’t Suppress Your Body’s Natural Urges – Don’t be afraid to burp, cough or expelling intestinal gas from your body. If you are too busy wondering what others will think, you are denying your body from running its healthy course of events. It may lead to problems such as excessive flatulence, breathing problems, bloating etc.
- Eliminate your toxins – As soon as you get up, try to clear your bodily toxins in the form of urine or poop. If you delay your excretion process, then indirectly you will be poisoning yourself.
- Practice Yoga and Walk – A bit of exercise is very important for the body. The brain releases endorphins and serotonin during exercise to make us feel good. Even walking a bit every day is beneficial for your body. One should exercise only till one gets sweaty as it’s the optimal limit for one’s exercise regimen.
- Practice Meditation for at least 20 Minutes A Day – Practicing meditation daily for 20 minutes will help one cope with all of life’s daily activities. Meditation has a general positive effect on psychological and physiological health.
- Massage your body – When warm herbalized oil is rubbed gently all over the skin, your body and your mind feel pampered and relaxed.
- Make your own skin pack – Use natural products on your skin: those that are safe to eat, like honey, Organic Rose Water, cucumber, oatmeal, ground blanched almonds, milk, and yogurt, etc. to prepare packs that will exfoliate, cleanse, and moisturize your skin.