What is Colour Therapy? – Colour therapy is a non-intrusive form of vibrational healing which introduces the optimum balance of colour energies into the human organism. Colour is light of varying wavelengths. Each colour has its own particular wavelength and energy. The energy relating to each of the seven spectrum of colours – VIBGYOR, resonates with the energy of each of the seven main chakras/energy centres of the body. It is an ancient art which existed in India, China and Egypt. Today it is one of the fastest growing areas of natural health with an explosion of scientific development in the use of light to heal. It promotes harmony between the body, mind and spirit.
Effects of Colour Therapy – Let us visit the colours VIBGYOR individually to understand their effects.
- Violet – Violet is cool. It connects us to our spiritual self. Positive effects may include: generosity, selflessness, enhanced artistic ability, strong deep sleep, calming nerves, reduced excitement, reduced irritation and suppressed appetite. Negative effects may include: depression, insecurity, stagnate or suppressed emotions (especially anger).
- Indigo – It is cool and calming to the nervous system. It connects us to our unconscious self. Positive effects may include: imagination, greater intuition and awareness, accurate perception and strong deep sleep. Negative effects may include: depression, separation anxiety.
- Blue – It is cold and acidic. It connects us to holistic thoughts. Positive effects may include: mental relaxation, calmness, peace, help with insomnia, confidence in public speaking, clear communication, helps with hyperactivity in children. Negative effects may include: insecurity, pessimism, tiredness, depression, cold-natured-ness.
- Green – It is the master colour. It is refreshing and cool. It connects us to unconditional love. Positive effects may include: stress reduction, ability to rest, calmness, sense of balance and normalcy, relaxation. Negative effects may include:
- Yellow – It is warm to hot. It connects to our mental self. Positive effects may include: memory, concentration, stimulating curiosity and interest, easing of depression, empowerment, confidence, courage, helps with anxiety, energy, aids discernment and decision making. Negative effects may include: superficiality and hyperactivity.
- Orange – It is warm and joyful. It connects to our emotional self. Positive effects may include: optimism, cheerful, anti-depressant, inspiring, expanded interest and activities, enjoyable relationships, help remove inhibitions. Negative effects may include: irritability, slight frustration and increased appetite.
- Red – It is hot. It can stimulate and excite. It connects to our physical self. Positive effects may include: overcoming negative thoughts, a sense of power, self-confidence, settled-ness, a feeling of security and safety, appetite stimulant and a possible Tourette Syndrome cure. Negative effects may include: impatience, increased aggressiveness, hostility, irritation, anger.
Benefits of Colour Therapy – This therapy is now use extensively in Asia, Europe and America as a complementary treatment of many physical ailments including: asthma, arthritis, nervous and mental disorders, depression, eating disorders, skin diseases, digestive ailments, blood and circulation problems, fevers, rheumatism, shock, relief of pain as part of the treatment for many serious illnesses such as paralysis, multiple sclerosis, M.E., cancer and Aids.